Bassmasta

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Because the original Bassmasta.net is going to be shut down, I am creating this forum to maybe keep the community the site has given us over the last years.

+19
DwayneParedes
Deadly_Sounds
dmoney250
j janitor
Clar ni Pharsuin
Bukkaneer
Dave Bennington
frogman786
adam
Tomer
oddball
Dr_R_Dizzle
Collin Lahan
Jack Cahalane
Deano
Sykk
Andrew
Tom
Admin
23 posters

How to continue?

Clar ni Pharsuin

How to continue? - Page 2 Empty Re: How to continue?

Post  Clar ni Pharsuin Sat May 07, 2011 6:06 pm

i think a general email / alert should be sent (by BassMasta, as he'd have everyone's addresses etc) redirecting members to this site for the time being... otherwise we'll loose numbers in the transition from one place to the other.

Then from here we can all decide where to go. (i just don't want to get left behind, sniff!)

this bass thing is bordering on a cult!! ha
    j janitor

Post  j janitor Sat May 07, 2011 7:40 pm

Clar ni Pharsuin wrote:

this bass thing is bordering on a cult!! ha

If the BassMasta community dies, shall we mix up some Kool-Aid?
    j janitor

Post  j janitor Sat May 07, 2011 7:43 pm

frogman786 wrote: if X could pack up every tab into a zip file he could distribute that to all of us, just so we have everything if no new community works out

I think this is in the works; a torrent file of all the tabs on the BassMasta site is being built by an Administrator at BassMasta and should be available soon.
    j janitor

How to continue? - Page 2 Empty posting tabs

Post  j janitor Sat May 07, 2011 8:02 pm

A couple things:

BassMasta site is going down because SongSterr offered to buy it for enough money that The BassMasta chose to sell. BassMasta did not go down because the Music Publisher's Association (MPA) was angry about the tabs and was on The BassMasta's doorstep. Eventually, the MPA probably would have shown up and the site would have had to be taken down, so The BassMasta made a wise (I think) choice to get some money for all his hard work on the site rather than just see it all shut down once the MPA came calling.

Posting tabs on a site probably means that, eventually, the site will have to either shut down or acquire licenses for the tabs (as SongSterr apparently does). So, we need to think hard about what to do with tabs. I think it will require that we have a better understanding of what does and doesn't constitute copyright infringement. Apparently, posting a tab is an infringement, though I am sure there has to be some significant degree of accuracy in the tab for it to stand up in court as a copyright infringement. I can't see how a totally inaccurate tab of a song would be accepted in a court as an infringement.

Maybe we can come up with another way to do tabs? Maybe something like, here's the notes in the song, here's the notes in the intro...

Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Sat May 07, 2011 8:10 pm

j janitor wrote:
    Maybe we can come up with another way to do tabs? Maybe something like, here's the notes in the song, here's the notes in the intro...

We should think about all of this later, after Bassmasta has gone down and we know exactly how many People have joined the site and how many tabs we have got.
    dmoney250
    dmoney250

Post  dmoney250 Sat May 07, 2011 8:20 pm

Clar ni Pharsuin wrote:i think a general email / alert should be sent (by BassMasta, as he'd have everyone's addresses etc) redirecting members to this site for the time being... otherwise we'll loose numbers in the transition from one place to the other.

I'm with you on that one. It would be great to have Daniel on board with this, then there will be a greater chance of keeping the community together.
    Deadly_Sounds

Post  Deadly_Sounds Sat May 07, 2011 10:49 pm

Hey admin, can you make a sub topic for the tabs.

music talk is for other things like talk about styles things like this Rolling Eyes
    DwayneParedes

How to continue? - Page 2 Empty Solution

Post  DwayneParedes Sun May 08, 2011 12:37 am

Ill start a band.
    And in 1-8 years well become famous and have enough money to bring back a new bassmasta site.
    pH

Post  pH Sun May 08, 2011 1:03 am

Right now I'm sifting through tabs and saving as much as I can to a Notepad file.

Advice if you go this route: Type all the song titles above the tab, and at the top of the file- Keep all of them in one file. When you want to find the song, hit ctrl-F and type in the song name- it then goes to the song title above the tab. Putting the titles at the top of the file lets you know what you have.
    DARK SIDE OF THE MOON
    DARK SIDE OF THE MOON

Post  DARK SIDE OF THE MOON Sun May 08, 2011 3:06 am

Hey guys, just letting you know I've joined. I'll be happy to help any way possible. DON'T LET THE MASTA DIE!
    Dave Bennington
    Dave Bennington

Post  Dave Bennington Sun May 08, 2011 5:43 am

DwayneParedes wrote:Ill start a band.
    And in 1-8 years well become famous and have enough money to bring back a new bassmasta site.

Sweet man! I'm doing that too. Dudes, how do you like get a picture on the side rather than that weird looking thing?
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Sun May 08, 2011 10:20 am

Dave Bennington wrote:Dudes, how do you like get a picture on the side rather than that weird looking thing?

You can change it somewhere in your Profile, you can go to your Profile with the Icon in the top.
    Bukkaneer

Post  Bukkaneer Sun May 08, 2011 10:27 am

I just downloaded the entire site on my hard drive. I've got all the tabs.

I used SiteSucker, a Mac program, If you ar on a PC you can use httrack and do the same.

This will make you able to browse trought the site as if it was stil online.

So if you want an easy solution for the loss of tabs problem, here you go. Laughing
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Sun May 08, 2011 10:38 am

Bukkaneer wrote:I just downloaded the entire site on my hard drive. I've got all the tabs.

I used SiteSucker, a Mac program, If you ar on a PC you can use httrack and do the same.

So if you want an easy solution for the loss of tabs problem, here you go. Laughing

Dave has already done the same and I tried, but gave up because it was taking to long and my PC and Internet got some problems after a few hours.
    Bukkaneer

Post  Bukkaneer Sun May 08, 2011 10:54 am

Admin wrote:
    Bukkaneer wrote:I just downloaded the entire site on my hard drive. I've got all the tabs.

Dave has already done the same and I tried, but gave up because it was taking to long and my PC and Internet got some problems after a few hours.

Alright well that's nice, I am actually still downloading, currenty it's at the o, I hope it works and I wont get the same problems you experienced. But I just read that the Bassmasta is gonna put all the tabs on a torrent, that would be awesome. I'll keep you posted on when it's done and when it works. So much love Smile

It just finished dowloading and it's working. Took me 3 hours I think, I really recommend anyone with a decent bandwith and some spare harddrive space to do this too. So when the site is down and you want a tab you forgot to save, you are free to ask me.

Last edited by Bukkaneer on Sun May 08, 2011 1:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
    j janitor

Post  j janitor Sun May 08, 2011 2:42 pm

[quote="Bukkaneer"][quote="Admin"]

It just finished dowloading and it's working. Took me 3 hours I think, I really recommend anyone with a decent bandwith and some spare harddrive space to do this too. So when the site is down and you want a tab you forgot to save, you are free to ask me.

Thank you Bukkaneer! Good to know that the tabs still live!
    pH

Post  pH Sun May 08, 2011 9:33 pm

I went through and have been posting this: "Theres a general effort to keep the community at http://bass-haven.webs.com/ and https://bassmasta.forumieren.com/ as well as several people who have downloaded and saved the entire site. We can keep it alive" everywhere. Hoping to get as many people as possible to come over.
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Sun May 08, 2011 9:39 pm

pH wrote:I went through and have been posting this: "Theres a general effort to keep the community at http://bass-haven.webs.com/ and https://bassmasta.forumieren.com/ as well as several people who have downloaded and saved the entire site. We can keep it alive" everywhere. Hoping to get as many people as possible to come over.

thank you very much pH!
    bzmonnerat

How to continue? - Page 2 Empty New on board

Post  bzmonnerat Sun May 08, 2011 11:23 pm

Hi guys, gonna stick around. Brazilian. Relieved to learn that people have downloaded the BassMasta already.

The torrent file sounds great. If any help is needed on dividing the tabs, or anything else, let me know.

BZ
    Bukkaneer

Post  Bukkaneer Tue May 10, 2011 3:52 pm

Wow Bassmasta really is down now Shocked, my condolences to you all.. Smile

I'm really glad I backed it up, and i said it before and I'll say it again ask me if you are looking for a tab.

Greets from Holland!

Wow nevermind, it still going.. But it will die tongue
    pH

Post  pH Thu May 12, 2011 12:10 am

Dan signed over the domain this afternoon. I'm expecting bassmasta.net to be fully dead and absorbed into the faceless industry called "songsterr" by 12am EST.

A moment of silence for the bass playing community's loss, and for the loss of all who will never know of the BassMasta.
    adam

Post  adam Sat May 14, 2011 4:53 pm

r u sure, i was just on
    ghanlon

How to continue? - Page 2 Empty New Tab Site

Post  ghanlon Thu May 19, 2011 5:08 am

I am starting BassPlace.infohttp://bassplace.info You can submit tabs request tabs here. I also have the archives Very Happy

So if anyone wants to help I can send you a zipped folder of a certain group or what ever to help get some tabs back online.

I want to limit the duplicates, so it would be nice if your skills were such so you could pick out the good tabs. Shocked

Experienced bassists help out the younger dudes, and let's build a better bass place.

ghanlon

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jul 27, 2024 2:51 am