Bassmasta

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Because the original Bassmasta.net is going to be shut down, I am creating this forum to maybe keep the community the site has given us over the last years.

+19
DwayneParedes
Deadly_Sounds
dmoney250
j janitor
Clar ni Pharsuin
Bukkaneer
Dave Bennington
frogman786
adam
Tomer
oddball
Dr_R_Dizzle
Collin Lahan
Jack Cahalane
Deano
Sykk
Andrew
Tom
Admin
23 posters

How to continue?

Admin
    Admin

How to continue? Empty How to continue?

Post  Admin Thu May 05, 2011 8:42 pm

Hello visitor,

As you know, Bassmasta has been down and I have quickly constructed this shitty Forum to keep our Community.
    So how do you think this should continue?
    Should we just give up and move to other sites or build something new?
    Tom

How to continue? Empty Re: How to continue?

Post  Tom Thu May 05, 2011 10:52 pm

THIS IS A JOKE, RIGHT? What a Face

Crying or Very sad
    Andrew

Post  Andrew Fri May 06, 2011 2:54 am

sadly bass masta is done but lets keep moving fowared on noas arch
    Sykk
    Sykk

Post  Sykk Fri May 06, 2011 3:43 am

we need a new bassmasta community for at least (this will do). we could send tabs through facebook or email. Like if u wanna send a tab just send a group mail. Also I copied a bunch of tabs off there.
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Fri May 06, 2011 7:46 am

So I tried to make some Forums and Sub-Forums here so we can start talking.
    Any Ideas on that (or anything else) are gladly appreciated.
    Deano

Post  Deano Fri May 06, 2011 7:48 am

Swapping email and Msn/ windows messenger addys is a good start. Ive saved most of my tabs and im Taking some off Bassmasta as we speak and saving them in Word.

Check Dave B's http://forum.bassmasta.net/Bass/Dudes_Im_Uhh_Lost_For_Words_58_i1904/

Jack Cahalane

Post  Jack Cahalane Fri May 06, 2011 9:26 am

We need to start something new, we won't find the same sense of community or variety of tabs anywhere else.
    Collin Lahan

Post  Collin Lahan Fri May 06, 2011 11:28 am

Is Dan going to have anything to do with this website? We would never have gotten this great community if not for him. afro
    Dr_R_Dizzle
    Dr_R_Dizzle

Post  Dr_R_Dizzle Fri May 06, 2011 12:35 pm

Admin wrote:Hello visitor,

As you know, Bassmasta has been down and I have quickly constructed this shitty Forum to keep our Community.
    So how do you think this should continue?
    Should we just give up and move to other sites or build something new?

If we built something new we would eventually run into the same problem that the Masta did, we'd get screwed by copyright law. We could try and find a pre-existing source, but the reason I went to BassMasta is as it was the best around, so we all would have to get used to a shitty community. We could always just keep the community here and go for tabs elsewhere?
    oddball
    oddball

Post  oddball Fri May 06, 2011 5:04 pm

glad you guys are starting something new , think it will be ruff at first but we can make it work jocolor
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Fri May 06, 2011 5:59 pm

Dr_R_Dizzle wrote:
    If we built something new we would eventually run into the same problem that the Masta did, we'd get screwed by copyright law. We could try and find a pre-existing source, but the reason I went to BassMasta is as it was the best around, so we all would have to get used to a shitty community. We could always just keep the community here and go for tabs elsewhere?

I've thought about that and I don't think that we should include Tabs or anything, we could of course provide links to other tabs or something, but the general idea of this forum here is to think about what we should work on. Now I have no skills in building something like this, does anybody else?

I thought that we could work on some sort of wiki, but still keep this Forum. The Wiki should help beginners and also better players to learn about all the aspects of playing bass and making Musik. But this is just an idea, what do you guys think about it?
    If there are a lot of people in favor of this, I will maybe try to find out how to set up an own wiki.
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Fri May 06, 2011 6:01 pm

Collin Lahan wrote:Is Dan going to have anything to do with this website? We would never have gotten this great community if not for him. afro

Dan doesn't have anything to do with this site. It was quickly set up by me right after I found out, that Bassmasta was going to be shut down. I invited Dan to come and join this site though, so let's hope he'll come.
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Fri May 06, 2011 6:16 pm

So I googled a little bit and I found a webpage, where you can easily host your own wiki for free, just like this Forum. So how many people are in favor of maybe creating a Basswiki sometime in the near future (I think we have to sort a few things out here, bevor we can proced to a project as big as this) and how many are against it?
    And does anybody have any experience in doing something like this?
    Or does anybody want to help in any other way?
    Any help is greatly appreciated.
    Deano

Post  Deano Fri May 06, 2011 6:23 pm

I think a good start would be to save as much quality tabs from the site on notepad for thr future, that what myself and a couple others are doing
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Fri May 06, 2011 6:27 pm

Deano wrote:I think a good start would be to save as much quality tabs from the site on notepad for thr future, that what myself and a couple others are doing

Yes that would probably be a good idea, I have started doing so myself.
    We have to be very carefull with that though, so the same thing doesn't happen again. I think the best thing to do right now is for everybody to get his own personal archiv together. We could then start exchanging these through e-mails, so we don't get copyrightissues.
    Dr_R_Dizzle
    Dr_R_Dizzle

Post  Dr_R_Dizzle Fri May 06, 2011 8:27 pm

Admin wrote:
    Dr_R_Dizzle wrote:

I've thought about that and I don't think that we should include Tabs or anything, we could of course provide links to other tabs or something, but the general idea of this forum here is to think about what we should work on. Now I have no skills in building something like this, does anybody else?

I thought that we could work on some sort of wiki, but still keep this Forum. The Wiki should help beginners and also better players to learn about all the aspects of playing bass and making Musik. But this is just an idea, what do you guys think about it?
    If there are a lot of people in favor of this, I will maybe try to find out how to set up an own wiki.

A BassWiki is a genius idea. If we only linked to tab sites rather than hosted tabs ourselves we'd be fine copyrightwise. Id be more than happy to help where I could, I do have some VERY basic knowledge in HTML.
    Tomer

Post  Tomer Fri May 06, 2011 10:55 pm

I personally think that we should find someone who lives outside of the copyrights reach, like another country than the US.

I live in israel, but I dont really have the time nor necessary skills to run a website like bass masta.
    But I dont mind being the host of it and being the one paying for the storage if that means we cant get into trouble(we can even buy storage space here).

If anyone is serious enough about this (Even Dan, if your'e reading this).
    You can contact me on Blu.Tomer@Gmail.com
    adam

Post  adam Sat May 07, 2011 12:05 am

im up in canada but i think similar laws apply, but i will help as much as i can

Last edited by adam on Sat May 07, 2011 12:10 am; edited 1 time in total
    adam

Post  adam Sat May 07, 2011 12:08 am

also, i just saved 100 tabs onto my computer including maiden, the who, zztop, alice cooper, pink floyd and a bunch of other people if anyones interested

Last edited by adam on Sat May 07, 2011 1:22 am; edited 1 time in total
    frogman786

Post  frogman786 Sat May 07, 2011 1:18 am

if this free wiki site has a unlimited article count we could build a better bass-masta like we were aiming for

also if dan could pack up every tab into a zip file he could distribute that to all of us, just so we have everything if no new community works out
    Dave Bennington
    Dave Bennington

Post  Dave Bennington Sat May 07, 2011 4:46 am

We will NEVER surrender.... Yea dudes, I say go for the Wiki idea for sure, not sure how any of that stuff works but I've got a tonne of tabs I could contribute.
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Sat May 07, 2011 8:40 am

Tomer wrote:I personally think that we should find someone who lives outside of the copyrights reach, like another country than the US.

I live in switzerland. But bevor we do something like that, we really need to ask how this works. Because if we start going into the copyright jungle it starts getting dangerous. So we need to know exactly what way we should go to not get into any trouble.
    I don't want the same thing happening again.
    As far as I know, copyright laws aren't as strikt here as they are in the US. It is actually legal to download material (but illegal to upload), and it is also legal to give material to your friends.
    We will have to check how it works for Tabs and how it works, when a lot of people from different countries are involved.

P.S. I think we should wait until a few days after Bassmasta.net goes down. That way we know how many people have come to us, how many Tabs we have saved and so on.
    Bukkaneer

Post  Bukkaneer Sat May 07, 2011 8:48 am

frogman786 wrote:if this free wiki site has a unlimited article count we could build a better bass-masta like we were aiming for

also if dan could pack up every tab into a zip file he could distribute that to all of us, just so we have everything if no new community works out

This is exactely what I was thinking, I spent 2 hours getting all the bob marly tabs from the site. Mindnumming work, so I asked Dan on the forum to archive all the tabs. Hope he can and will.

BTW great job on this speedy back of forum.
    Tomer

Post  Tomer Sat May 07, 2011 2:41 pm

Admin wrote:
    Tomer wrote:I personally think that we should find someone who lives outside of the copyrights reach, like another country than the US.

I live in switzerland. But bevor we do something like that, we really need to ask how this works. Because if we start going into the copyright jungle it starts getting dangerous. So we need to know exactly what way we should go to not get into any trouble.
    I don't want the same thing happening again.
    As far as I know, copyright laws aren't as strikt here as they are in the US. It is actually legal to download material (but illegal to upload), and it is also legal to give material to your friends.
    We will have to check how it works for Tabs and how it works, when a lot of people from different countries are involved.

P.S. I think we should wait until a few days after Bassmasta.net goes down. That way we know how many people have come to us, how many Tabs we have saved and so on.

I think the only thing you need to do is find a storage space in SL, and be the owner of the website.
    Because you or the server are under US supervision, The copyright people cant really take legal actions against you (Except if the organization is supported in your country, but from what you told I believe it isnt).

THE MAIN ISSUE: Who's gonna pay for it?
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Sat May 07, 2011 2:45 pm

Tomer wrote:
    I think the only thing you need to do is find a storage space in SL, and be the owner of the website.
    Because you or the server are under US supervision, The copyright people cant really take legal actions against you (Except if the organization is supported in your country, but from what you told I believe it isnt).

THE MAIN ISSUE: Who's gonna pay for it?

Ok, I don't really understand what you're saying there ^^
    I think, that it's best right now, to just stay with our personal archives and maybe send tabs to each other. We should focus on building a Forum and community befor we decide in detail what to do next.

EDIT: We could try (partly) paying for it with ads, although I don't think we'll get much money from it.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jul 27, 2024 7:50 am